lunes, 4 de enero de 2010

Hoy me voy

“Hoy me voy, me espera Europa pa hacer mi sueño realidad”, as “Los Aslándticos” say in their song.



After sleeping barely 3 hours, I got up this morning in Spain for the last time (in some time).
I had to take the AVE train to Madrid at 6:45. Then I would have to get to Barajas airport by underground (with two changes). The plane would land at Schönefeld airport, and then I would have to use public transport to get to my flat.
So, I began pulling my two suitcases very early in the morning. I was afraid the big one, that I had to check in, would weigh too much. The constraint with easyJet is 20 kg. My mother and I had spent the last days testing the weight, packing and unpacking over and over again. So, it was going to be a tight moment the check-in. Eventually, it weighed 21 kg! One above the limit, but the guy at the counter was nice and didn’t make me pay luggage excess.
I was carrying with me 38,5 kg in all!!! And that’s quite a lot taking into account that I weigh 54 kg. I would regret it during the long day I had to face, specially going up and down the stairs in the underground stations in Madrid.
Soon I realised that the snow isn’t cool, specially if you have to pull your suitcases through it. The next day I had pins and needles in my arms and legs.

2 comentarios:

  1. Este es el grupo que fuiste a ver al fnac no? te viene que ni al pelo jejejej

    ResponderEliminar
  2. siiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Coincidió que el día que me dijeron que me daban la beca escuché también la canción por primera vez. Parecía que la habían escrito pensando en mí, jejejej
    Me la he tomado como un himno personal, jejej

    ResponderEliminar